-   -   How can I change time format to decimal without losing hours? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99528-how-can-i-change-time-format-decimal-without-losing-hours.html)

Bushman

How can I change time format to decimal without losing hours?

I am trying to enter a time of 33:13:00 and get a display of a decimal of
33.21. If I format the box to be decimal when I enter the time it does not
give the full 33 hours but in turn replaces it with 1.38. Is there are
function or formula that will allow the user to type in the time in hours and
minutes to convert it to a decimal format?

daddylonglegs

How can I change time format to decimal without losing hours?

If you input time in A1 then in B1

=A1*24

format as number

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

VBA Noob

How can I change time format to decimal without losing hours?

If a1 = 33:13:00 then in B1 enter =A1*24.

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833