-   -   Select the entire row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99290-select-entire-row.html)

shantanu oak

Select the entire row

I want to select the entire row and change the color of the row where
the word "CASH" is in a single cell.

The following code of the macro is not working.

'
Selection.FormatConditions.Delete
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue,
Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="=""CASH"""
Rows(FormatConditions(1)).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 45

Please guide.

Bob Phillips

Select the entire row

Selection.FormatConditions.Delete
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="CASH"
Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 345

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"shantanu oak" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to select the entire row and change the color of the row where
the word "CASH" is in a single cell.

The following code of the macro is not working.

'
Selection.FormatConditions.Delete
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue,
Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="=""CASH"""
Rows(FormatConditions(1)).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 45

Please guide.

shantanu oak

Select the entire row

Hi,
I want to highlight the entire row in which the word cash appears.

Shantanu

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

With Selection.EntireRow
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:="=" & ActiveCell.Address(False,
True) & "=""CASH"""
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 45
End With

--

_
Formula1:="CASH"
Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 345

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"shantanu oak" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to select the entire row and change the color of the row where
the word "CASH" is in a single cell.

The following code of the macro is not working.

'
Selection.FormatConditions.Delete
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue,
Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="=""CASH"""
Rows(FormatConditions(1)).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 45

Please guide.

shantanu oak

Select the entire row

Thanks.
Now I want to color alternate rows using conditional formatting and I
can do it manually by using this formulae...
=ODD(ROW())=ROW()

How do I add it in a macro?

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

Formula1:="=ODD(ROW())=ROW()"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 45
End With

--
HTH

Bob Phillips