-   -   how can i open an excel file using microsoft works? or can I? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/9928-how-can-i-open-excel-file-using-microsoft-works-can-i.html)

wilberich

how can i open an excel file using microsoft works? or can I?

Norman Jones

Hi Wilberich,

I do not think that Works can open Excel Files.

To open Excel files for viewing purposes, Microsoft provides a freely
downloadable viewer at:

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Alternatively, OpenOffice offers much of Excels functionality and is freely
downloadable at:

http://www.openoffice.org

The download is in excess of 60MB but a CD version is available at a nominal
price.

Another alternative might be to check Ebay for cheap xl2k offers.

---
Regards,
Norman