-   -   Conditional Formatting in Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99260-conditional-formatting-macro.html)

shantanu oak

Conditional Formatting in Macro

I want to use conditional formatting in a macro in such a way that the
entire row will be colored in Red instead of the single cell that
contains the specific word. Please guide.

robert111

Conditional Formatting in Macro

I would start by recording a macro that colours a complete row red. Then
I would edit the macro, adding a line at the beginning something like:

if cells(1,1) 500 then 10 else 20

line 10 is the start of the code that colours the row red, line 20 is
END

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Bob Phillips

Conditional Formatting in Macro

Why, you can do that in CF Excel by selecting the whole row and use a
formula of

=$C$1=value

--
HTH