-   -   How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99164-how-do-i-get-pivot-table-repeat-values-columns.html)

Sunshine76

How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns?

I often copy and paste pivot table results on a fresh page to allow for
formulas and v-lookups off of the data. The problem is that the columns I
create in the pivot table only has the data value for that column in the
first row of that section. This is a huge issue if I want to sort once I've
copy/pasted the pivot table as straight data. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Dave Peterson

How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns?

Paste as values--you will lose the the pivottable-ness of that copy.

Then use one of the techniques from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

To fill those empty cells.

--

Dave Peterson

Sunshine76

How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns

Perfect! Thanks for your help!

Sunshine76 wrote:

I often copy and paste pivot table results on a fresh page to allow for
formulas and v-lookups off of the data. The problem is that the columns I
create in the pivot table only has the data value for that column in the
first row of that section. This is a huge issue if I want to sort once I've
copy/pasted the pivot table as straight data. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

Larry P Clark[_2_]

How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns

Thanks. I was having this same issue myself. I knew there was a way to
solve this by copying & pasting the values, but is there any way to get your
pivot table to fill in the values -- without losing your pivotable-ness?

Sunshine76 wrote:

I often copy and paste pivot table results on a fresh page to allow for
formulas and v-lookups off of the data. The problem is that the columns I
create in the pivot table only has the data value for that column in the
first row of that section. This is a huge issue if I want to sort once I've
copy/pasted the pivot table as straight data. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do I get a Pivot Table to repeat the values in the columns

Nope.