-   -   with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99091-drop-down-list-excel-how-do-i-select-multiple-values.html)

Keith H

with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values

I have a validation on one of my columns for Users to select values from a
list in a different worksheet. This works fine, but now the Users need to
select multiple values in the one cell. How do you do that? A simple
example.
Pet Type
Dog Retriever, Beagle

Gord Dibben

with a drop down list in excel how do I select multiple values

I think what you need is a dependent DV list.

Select Dog from DV list and a second DV list appears with the Type of dog

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP