-   -   Conditional Formatting with NETWORKDAYS function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99080-conditional-formatting-networkdays-function.html)

rlaw68

Conditional Formatting with NETWORKDAYS function

Hi everyone -- here's what I'm trying to do:

If the date in F3 is more than 2 WORK days greater than the date in E3,
turn the background in F3 red.

I'm trying to use the NETWORKDAYS function and avoid a bunch of VBA if
at all possible, but conditional formatting doesn't seem to allow this.
Any ideas or tips?

Thanks,
Richard

--
rlaw68
rlaw68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5744

Dave Peterson

Conditional Formatting with NETWORKDAYS function

Maybe you could use a helper cell that contains the formula with the
=networkdays() function in it.

Then refer to that cell in your Format|Conditional formatting dialog.

rlaw68 wrote:

Hi everyone -- here's what I'm trying to do:

If the date in F3 is more than 2 WORK days greater than the date in E3,
turn the background in F3 red.

I'm trying to use the NETWORKDAYS function and avoid a bunch of VBA if
at all possible, but conditional formatting doesn't seem to allow this.
Any ideas or tips?

Thanks,
Richard

--
rlaw68
rlaw68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5744
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561117

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

Conditional Formatting with NETWORKDAYS function

You could try this formula in CF

=SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX($F$3,$E$3)-WEEKDAY(MAX($F$3,$E$3)+1-ROW(INDIRECT("2:6")
))-MIN($F$3,$E$3)+8)/7))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX($F$3,$E$3)-WEEKDAY(MAX($F$3,$E$3)+1-ROW(INDIRECT("2:6")
))-MIN($F$3,$E$3)+8)/7))
-SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(WEEKDAY(holidays),ROW(IN DIRECT("2:6")),0))*(holid
ays=MIN($F$3,$E$3))*(holidays<=MAX($F$3,$E$3)))

if you want holidays

--
HTH

Bob Phillips