-   -   alphabetize names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98946-alphabetize-names.html)

brendar

alphabetize names

I need to alphabetize names in a column automatically? Is that possible?

Nick Hodge

alphabetize names

Brendar

Could you give an example?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"brendar" wrote in message
I need to alphabetize names in a column automatically? Is that possible?

Don Guillett

alphabetize names

Perhaps have a look in help index for SORT. Or, more info.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"brendar" wrote in message
I need to alphabetize names in a column automatically? Is that possible?

Bill Ridgeway

alphabetize names

IF you have names in the format <forename family name AND you need to sort
by family name you'll need a helper column for the family name element. To
do this-
insert a column immediately to the right of the name column
highlight the name column
Click on <Data<Text to columns<Next<Space<Next<Finish

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions