-   -   In Excel, colour formatting (text and background) reverts to blk (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98796-excel-colour-formatting-text-background-reverts-blk.html)

malcolm

In Excel, colour formatting (text and background) reverts to blk

When I have formatted cells in Excel (or some features, like WordArt, in
other applications) the chosen colour fails to appear on the screen, although
printing is unaffected.
Oddly, in Excel, data appears in the chosen colour as it is being entered
but reverts to black as soon as the carriage return is pressed. How can I
restore WYSIWYG?

Gord Dibben

In Excel, colour formatting (text and background) reverts to blk

Malcolm

This is a Windows High Contrast setting.

Read this KB article.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP