-   -   Why does Excel Copy and Paste change dates from the original when. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/9874-why-does-excel-copy-paste-change-dates-original-when.html)

Excel changes dates in copy and paste

Why does Excel Copy and Paste change dates from the original when.

When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these
come from and how do I stop this from occurring?

Gord Dibben

Copy and paste from where to where?

Perhaps the "dates" you are copying are Text and not real dates.

Give an example of a "strange date".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:27:04 -0800, "Excel changes dates in copy and paste"
<Excel changes dates in copy and wrote:

When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these
come from and how do I stop this from occurring?

Dave Peterson

Me on a Friday night?

(Sometimes, you make it too easy!)

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

Oh, I don't think Friday has anything to do with it. <g

Gord Dibben wrote:

Copy and paste from where to where?

Perhaps the "dates" you are copying are Text and not real dates.

Give an example of a "strange date".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:27:04 -0800, "Excel changes dates in copy and paste"
<Excel changes dates in copy and wrote:

When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these
come from and how do I stop this from occurring?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave Peterson

Thank you for your continued support.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Copy and paste from where to where?

Perhaps the "dates" you are copying are Text and not real dates.

Give an example of a "strange date".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:27:04 -0800, "Excel changes dates in copy and paste"
<Excel changes dates in copy and wrote:

When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these
come from and how do I stop this from occurring?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html