-   -   add up cell content to get answer at bottom of sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98698-add-up-cell-content-get-answer-bottom-sheet.html)

Robert

add up cell content to get answer at bottom of sheet

I used to be able to highlight cells and the total would be shown at the
bottom left hand site of the spreadsheet. How do I get that back?

Thanks

Die_Another_Day

add up cell content to get answer at bottom of sheet

On my version it's at the bottom right. Anyhow right click the status
bar (the grey one) and select sum. Addionally, you'll find there are
several other function that may be performed on the highlighted
selection.

HTH

Die_Another_Day
Robert wrote:
I used to be able to highlight cells and the total would be shown at the
bottom left hand site of the spreadsheet. How do I get that back?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

add up cell content to get answer at bottom of sheet

Right-click on the Status Bar and select "Sum" from the options.

You may be currently set to "none"

If you don't have a status bar showing, go to ViewStatus Bar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP