-   -   "lock" fields so they don't change number while copying formulas? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98627-lock-fields-so-they-dont-change-number-while-copying-formulas.html)

MrHaugen

"lock" fields so they don't change number while copying formulas?

I just can't get this straight.

Every time I copy a formula there are lots of reference fields on page
1 that I want to increase numbers, but the "static" information I got
on page 2 I want to lock so they do NOT increase.

I have about 6 of this in many of my formulas and I'm not exactly happy
to change this in fields from A1 to P40 :eek:

Any suggestions more than welcome!

--
MrHaugen
MrHaugen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36191

mrice

"lock" fields so they don't change number while copying formulas?

Not sure that I've understood correctly but have you tried using the $
sign to make the addresses in your formulae absolute as opposed to
relative?

e.g. A1 becomes $A$1

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560398