-   -   How to make number of "static" fields stay the same when copying? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98622-how-make-number-static-fields-stay-same-when-copying.html)

MrHaugen

How to make number of "static" fields stay the same when copying?

The heading says the most of my problem really.

When I copy just one square og many the numbers will increase or
decrease whether I copy them down or up the sheet.

I want most of the numbers to increase, but there are some static
information on page 2 that I don't want to increase. Then the formula
will go wrong when it hits nothing or a strange value.

Are there som way of telling excel wich are to be "static" and not?

--
MrHaugen
MrHaugen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36191

David Biddulph

How to make number of "static" fields stay the same when copying?

"MrHaugen" wrote in
message ...

The heading says the most of my problem really.

When I copy just one square og many the numbers will increase or
decrease whether I copy them down or up the sheet.

I want most of the numbers to increase, but there are some static
information on page 2 that I don't want to increase. Then the formula
will go wrong when it hits nothing or a strange value.

Are there som way of telling excel wich are to be "static" and not?

Look in help for the difference between absolute, relative, & mixed
addressing.
--
David Biddulph

MrHaugen

How to make number of "static" fields stay the same when copying?

Thanks!

You are my hero.
You should have your own statue