-   -   check box - true/false/na (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98599-check-box-true-false-na.html)

Kelly 1st

check box - true/false/na

Hello,

I'm putting in a checkbox and have it as a "mixed" value in the control
section.

When it first appears it is greyed out and is has a value of N/a, then you
click and it becomes false, then tick it and it becomes true - when you click
it again it becomes false.

What i would like is it to become N/a again and not revert back to False. Is
it possible to do this in '97?

--
kelly m johnson
London UK

Bob Phillips

check box - true/false/na

Kelly,

I assume you are referring the linked cell. You can always just over-load
that cell with =NA()

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kelly 1st" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm putting in a checkbox and have it as a "mixed" value in the control
section.

When it first appears it is greyed out and is has a value of N/a, then you
click and it becomes false, then tick it and it becomes true - when you

click
it again it becomes false.

What i would like is it to become N/a again and not revert back to False.

Is
it possible to do this in '97?

--
kelly m johnson
London UK

Kelly 1st

check box - true/false/na

is there any other way without overloading the linked box?

--
kelly m johnson
Great Britain

"Kelly 1st" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm putting in a checkbox and have it as a "mixed" value in the control
section.

When it first appears it is greyed out and is has a value of N/a, then you
click and it becomes false, then tick it and it becomes true - when you

click
it again it becomes false.

What i would like is it to become N/a again and not revert back to False.

Is
it possible to do this in '97?

--
kelly m johnson
London UK

Bob Phillips

check box - true/false/na

Well you have to do something, that is one thing. There is nothing built-in,
so if you don't do that you will have to do something else, probably much
more complex.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kelly 1st" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm putting in a checkbox and have it as a "mixed" value in the

control
section.

When it first appears it is greyed out and is has a value of N/a, then

you
click and it becomes false, then tick it and it becomes true - when

you
click
it again it becomes false.

What i would like is it to become N/a again and not revert back to

False.
Is
it possible to do this in '97?

--
kelly m johnson
London UK

Dave Peterson

check box - true/false/na

Maybe you could use a checkbox from the Control toolbox toolbar instead.

Change the triplestate property to true. It seems to react the way you want.