-   -   Conditional Difference between two dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98476-conditional-difference-between-two-dates.html)

[email protected]

Conditional Difference between two dates

I have a sheet in which two column are the start date and the end date.
All of the records contain a start date but not all contain an ending
date. How do I, in a third column calculate the difference between the
end date and start date (only if there is an end date present), to give
me the total days or a null if the end date is not present. Also how
do I copy that formula to all the cells in the column????

Dougal

wrote:
I have a sheet in which two column are the start date and the end date.
All of the records contain a start date but not all contain an ending
date. How do I, in a third column calculate the difference between the
end date and start date (only if there is an end date present), to give
me the total days or a null if the end date is not present. Also how
do I copy that formula to all the cells in the column????

Hi,

You can use a formula like this:

=IF(B1<"",B1-A1)

Dom

Dougal

Dougal wrote:
wrote:
I have a sheet in which two column are the start date and the end date.
All of the records contain a start date but not all contain an ending
date. How do I, in a third column calculate the difference between the
end date and start date (only if there is an end date present), to give
me the total days or a null if the end date is not present. Also how
do I copy that formula to all the cells in the column????

Hi,

You can use a formula like this:

=IF(B1<"",B1-A1)

Dom

Sorry, yes you would need to copy this down the cells in the third
column.