-   -   Find and replace part of a text string (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98469-find-replace-part-text-string.html)

[email protected]

Find and replace part of a text string

Help! I've been trying to figure out a formula for the following
problem, but I'm stumped. I have about 2,000 names such as the
following beginning in cell A1:

Scott Jameson
MMSHRL Llc
Hum Investments Ltd
El Marcelago, Llc
Lars Property Investments Llc

I want to find all the "Llc" and replace it with "LLC".

Scott Jameson
MMSHRL LLC
Hum Investments Ltd
El Marcelago, LLC
Lars Property Investments LLC

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edwin

Toppers

Find and replace part of a text string

Why not use EDIT==Find==Replace?

" wrote:

Help! I've been trying to figure out a formula for the following
problem, but I'm stumped. I have about 2,000 names such as the
following beginning in cell A1:

Scott Jameson
MMSHRL Llc
Hum Investments Ltd
El Marcelago, Llc
Lars Property Investments Llc

I want to find all the "Llc" and replace it with "LLC".

Scott Jameson
MMSHRL LLC
Hum Investments Ltd
El Marcelago, LLC
Lars Property Investments LLC

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edwin

Casey

Find and replace part of a text string

Edwin,
Go to EDITREPLACE
Under the Replace tab in "Find what: type Llc In Replace with: type
LLC
click the options button lower right and select Match case and make
sure Match entire cell contents is not selected.

HTH

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545