-   -   Auto Text Insert of Footer Information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98455-auto-text-insert-footer-information.html)

PruittProd

Auto Text Insert of Footer Information

In Word you are allowed to an automatic text insert of certian information
within the footer (like File name & path).. Can you do this in Excel?

I only see where you type out the information..This would be handy in Excel
also.

Thanks.

Marcelo

Auto Text Insert of Footer Information

hi,

file | page configuration | Header and footer | custom

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"PruittProd" escreveu:

In Word you are allowed to an automatic text insert of certian information
within the footer (like File name & path).. Can you do this in Excel?

I only see where you type out the information..This would be handy in Excel
also.

Thanks.

Gord Dibben

Auto Text Insert of Footer Information

Which version of Excel?

Earlier than 2002 had no File Name and Path or graphics capability.

2002 and newer have quite improved the AutoText and Dtae etc.

See ViewHeader/Footer and "Custom".

Click on the icons to get what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP