-   -   How to make fx field wider? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98386-how-make-fx-field-wider.html)

[email protected]

How to make fx field wider?

Can I make the fx field (where the active cell formula appears) wider?
More to the point, can I avoid having that field overwrite the column
headings and other rows (and still be able to see the complete formula)
when the active cell formula requires more than one line to display?

I am using Office Excel 2003 with Win XP 2002 SP2.

Jim Rech

How to make fx field wider?

can I avoid having that field overwrite the column headings and other rows
(and still be able to see the complete formula) when the active cell
formula requires more than one line to display?

No you can't beyond maximizing Excel and using the smallest screen
resolution your machine or eyes will support.

Btw, Excel 2007 has a different approach that addresses this issue:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...18/482471.aspx

--
Jim
wrote in message
ups.com...
| Can I make the fx field (where the active cell formula appears) wider?
| More to the point, can I avoid having that field overwrite the column
| headings and other rows (and still be able to see the complete formula)
| when the active cell formula requires more than one line to display?
|
| I am using Office Excel 2003 with Win XP 2002 SP2.

RagDyeR

How to make fx field wider?

And until XL07 comes around, you could check out this old post:

http://tinyurl.com/eef59

--
HTH,

RD

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
can I avoid having that field overwrite the column headings and other
rows
(and still be able to see the complete formula) when the active cell
formula requires more than one line to display?

No you can't beyond maximizing Excel and using the smallest screen
resolution your machine or eyes will support.

Btw, Excel 2007 has a different approach that addresses this issue:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...18/482471.aspx

--
Jim
ups.com...

Ragdyer wrote:
And until XL07 comes around, you could check out this old post:
http://tinyurl.com/eef59

Thanks. I hadn't thought about shrinking the worksheet pane. (Klunk!)

"Jim Rech" wrote:
Btw, Excel 2007 has a different approach that addresses this issue:
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...18/482471.aspx

Thanks for pointing this out.