-   -   Variable function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98354-variable-function.html)

ESP Tom

Variable function

Hi,

I'm a sales manager that has a team with a variable rate of commission.
They either make telesales or sales through an appointment. If they make
more than £5000 in telesales their commision goes up from 5% - 10%. At
the moment I use a referenced worksheet on my machiene that draws on
spreadsheets on the company file. I can programme the sheet to work out
the percentage if it's set at 5% but is it possible to make it vary if
the telesales value goes above £10'000?

--
ESP Tom
ESP Tom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36198

mrice

Variable function

You could consider having a cell on your sheet which contains an IF
function where the volume of telesales triggers 10% or 5%.

You could then reference the value of this cell for your comission
calculations.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559872