-   -   Data validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98330-data-validation.html)

Naveen

Data validation

I have a huge list in Data Validation mostly the names.

When the cell is selected drop down menu will appear, but what i like to
know is when a type a particular letter it should go to the names starting
with that corresponding letter ( as we select the file by typing the starting
letter).

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave Peterson

Data validation

This isn't supported in Data|Validation.

--

Dave Peterson

Naveen

Data validation

can someone help me to have the code written for this

Naveen wrote:

I have a huge list in Data Validation mostly the names.

When the cell is selected drop down menu will appear, but what i like to
know is when a type a particular letter it should go to the names starting
with that corresponding letter ( as we select the file by typing the starting
letter).

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Data validation

Maybe it's time to replace the data|validation cells with comboboxes from the
Control toolbox toolbar.

If you rightclick on one of those comboboxes (while in design mode), you can
choose properties.

You can choose .Style to be fmStyleDropDownList
and you can choose .MatchEntry to be fmMatchEntryFirstLetter