-   -   How do I save Excel info without saving the reference cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98289-how-do-i-save-excel-info-without-saving-reference-cells.html)

Dave

How do I save Excel info without saving the reference cells?

I have used two columns to creat a third column. I want to save the third
column and delete the first two columns used to create the third. When I try
to do this, I receive the message, #REF!. Program help wasn't much help.
Thank you

Chip Pearson

How do I save Excel info without saving the reference cells?

You need to convert your formulas in the third column to values.
Select the cells, copy them, then go to the Edit menu, choose
Paste Special, and choose Values.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dave" wrote in message
I have used two columns to creat a third column. I want to save
the third
column and delete the first two columns used to create the
third. When I try
to do this, I receive the message, #REF!. Program help wasn't
much help.
Thank you

Nick Hodge

How do I save Excel info without saving the reference cells?

Dave

Copy the third column and then EditPaste special...Values and number
formats over the original data. This will kill the formulas allowing you to
delete the referenced cells

--
HTH
Nick Hodge