-   -   Automatic Formatting of SubTotals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98260-automatic-formatting-subtotals.html)

David

Automatic Formatting of SubTotals

I've got a very large spreadsheet where I've used the SubTotal command, but I
want to bolden each sub total and increase the font size. Rather than go
through each sub total and add the formatting is there a function where I can
apply this the one time so it applies the formatting automatically?

Thanks
--
David

Roger Govier

Automatic Formatting of SubTotals

Hi David

Mark your range of data then
FormatConditional FormattingFormula is =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("total",$A1))
Set whatever formats you want

The above assumes that column A contains the word total, change to suit
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"David" wrote in message
I've got a very large spreadsheet where I've used the SubTotal
command, but I
want to bolden each sub total and increase the font size. Rather than
go
through each sub total and add the formatting is there a function
where I can
apply this the one time so it applies the formatting automatically?

Thanks
--
David

Dave Peterson

Automatic Formatting of SubTotals

I do this...

I hide the details.
then select the subtotal range
Edit|Goto|special|visible cells only
apply the formatting I want.

If I really need this to be mechanized, I'd record a macro when I did it
manually.