-   -   Conditional format based on other cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98074-conditional-format-based-other-cells.html)

Tonto

Conditional format based on other cells

I can use conditional formatting to change the shading dependent on it's value.

How can I do conditional formatting based upon another cell.

e.g. I want to shed column D dependent on the value in column C.

Any suggestions ?

Elkar

Conditional format based on other cells

Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" then enter:

=C1=100

When placed in Column D, this will shade column D if C1 = 100. You may use
any formula that evaluates to TRUE or FALSE. So, something like this would
also work:

=OR(AND(C10,C1<100),A1="ABC")

This will shade the cell if C1 is greater than 0 and less than 100, or cell
A1 contains the text string "ABC".

HTH,
Elkar

"Tonto" wrote:

I can use conditional formatting to change the shading dependent on it's value.

How can I do conditional formatting based upon another cell.

e.g. I want to shed column D dependent on the value in column C.

Any suggestions ?

Jamie

Conditional format based on other cells

Similar question: I have only 4 values that are displayed in Column C and
each one needs to have it's own color in Column A. How do I set a formula to
include the corresponding cells for an entire column? Only Column A needs to
be formatted.

"Tonto" wrote:

I can use conditional formatting to change the shading dependent on it's value.

How can I do conditional formatting based upon another cell.

e.g. I want to shed column D dependent on the value in column C.

Any suggestions ?

Lee Hunter

Conditional format based on other cells

I aslo have a multiple conditional format question.

I would like to format rows based on a value being found anywhere in a 4
column by 84 row array.

Thanks,
Lee