32
23
blank
34
45
blank

any idea how to count the number of blanks after the final non-blank
cell?

--
geoff1234
geoff1234's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36051

Kevin B

Counting blank cells

The formula below assumes the values are in Column A, rows 1 through 27, you
will need to adjust the range as necessary:

=COUNTIF(A1:A27,"")

The criteria following the comma in the formula is two quotation marks w/o a
space, not four consecutive apostrophes.
--
Kevin Backmann

"geoff1234" wrote:

Hi again,

I've got a list like this:

45
32
23
blank
34
45
blank
blank
blank

any idea how to count the number of blanks after the final non-blank
cell?

--
geoff1234
geoff1234's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559397

Domenic

Counting blank cells

Try...

=COUNTBLANK(INDEX(A2:A10,MATCH(BigNum,A2:A10)+1):A 10)

....where BigNum is defined as 9.99999999999999E+307.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
geoff1234
wrote:

Hi again,

I've got a list like this:

45
32
23
blank
34
45
blank
blank
blank

any idea how to count the number of blanks after the final non-blank
cell?

RagDyeR

Counting blank cells

Hey Domenic,

What's your take on 99^99 ?

Any opinions or foreseeable problems?

RD

wrote:

Hi again,

I've got a list like this:

45
32
23
blank
34
45
blank
blank
blank

any idea how to count the number of blanks after the final non-blank
cell?

Domenic

Counting blank cells

Hi RagDyer!

As far as I can tell, I don't think it would be a problem in most cases.
But personally, I prefer to use 9.99999999999999E+307.

Since it's the largest number Excel recognizes, its use eliminates any
risk whatsoever regardless of how small or remote.

Cheers!

In article ,
"Ragdyer" wrote:

Hey Domenic,

What's your take on 99^99 ?

Any opinions or foreseeable problems?

RD

RagDyeR

Counting blank cells

But the 99^99 performs exactly the same function (no larger XL number), and
is easier to type.<bg

Been using it for a while in some formulas at my plant, and am hoping that I
don't get bitten with any unforeseen future problems.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"RagDyeR" wrote:

But the 99^99 performs exactly the same function (no larger XL number), and
is easier to type.<bg

Sure! In practice, it's not likely that data will contain a number
larger than 99^99. However, since it's theoretically possible... <bg

Cheers!

geoff1234

Counting blank cells

thanks for all the help, got it working nicely now

this forum is awesome

peace out