-   -   Highlighting a cell in excel, how do I edit a pop-up window (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97832-highlighting-cell-excel-how-do-i-edit-pop-up-window.html)

Lance

Highlighting a cell in excel, how do I edit a pop-up window

I'm working in a worksheet where some of the cells provide a pop-up window
that contains information about that cell. It's not a comments window.

Bob Phillips

Highlighting a cell in excel, how do I edit a pop-up window

Sounds like Data Validation, menu DataValidation. There is the ability to
add an input message and an error message.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lance" wrote in message
I'm working in a worksheet where some of the cells provide a pop-up window
that contains information about that cell. It's not a comments window.

Gord Dibben

Highlighting a cell in excel, how do I edit a pop-up window

Lance

Most likely a Data Validation message.

Select one of these cells and DataValidation.

You will find the source of the message.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:09:03 -0700, Lance
wrote:

I'm working in a worksheet where some of the cells provide a pop-up window
that contains information about that cell. It's not a comments window.

Ron Coderre

Highlighting a cell in excel, how do I edit a pop-up window

By any chance, might it be a Data Validation input message?

Try this:
Select the cell
From the Excel main menu:
<data<validation<input message tab