-   -   Hide items w/a 0 value in a chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97813-hide-items-w-0-value-chart.html)

NUMBnut

Hide items w/a 0 value in a chart?

I am using a pie chart with names as the values descriptions and then the
percentage. I have some names, currently, that have a 0 value. How can I
make the pie chart automatically hide the names that have a 0 value?

Jerry W. Lewis

Hide items w/a 0 value in a chart?

AFAIK, you can't. You could use =IF(value=0,"",desciption) to have no text
in the legend, but its color would still show. You could manually delete
the legend entry, but that is not automatic. The closest you can come is to
write VBA code to a change event that would restore the legend and then
delete entries that correspond to zero values; it would take some work, but
is doable.

Jerry