ExcelBanter

ExcelBanter (https://www.excelbanter.com/)
-   Excel Discussion (Misc queries) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/)
-   -   Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars that exceed the line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97542-make-line-bar-chart-change-color-any-bars-exceed-line.html)

MarkM July 5th 06 12:03 PM

Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars that exceed the line
 
I need to make a bar chart that contains a line, and any bar in this
chart that exceeds this line will change color, say from green to red.

For instance, if I had a population bar chart, and any city whose
population exceeded the line drawn at 1,000 would cause their bar to
change from green to red.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark


Debra Dalgleish July 5th 06 12:59 PM

Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars thatexceed the line
 
Andy Pope has instructions for a conditional line chart:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm

MarkM wrote:
I need to make a bar chart that contains a line, and any bar in this
chart that exceeds this line will change color, say from green to red.

For instance, if I had a population bar chart, and any city whose
population exceeded the line drawn at 1,000 would cause their bar to
change from green to red.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark



--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html


Andy Pope July 5th 06 01:16 PM

Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars thatexceed the line
 
Hi,

I think Jon's page is move appropriate as the OP wants the bars to
change colour rather than the goal line.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
Andy Pope has instructions for a conditional line chart:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm

MarkM wrote:

I need to make a bar chart that contains a line, and any bar in this
chart that exceeds this line will change color, say from green to red.

For instance, if I had a population bar chart, and any city whose
population exceeded the line drawn at 1,000 would cause their bar to
change from green to red.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark




--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Debra Dalgleish July 5th 06 01:36 PM

Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars thatexceed the line
 
Thanks Andy -- I misread it as a "line chart"

Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

I think Jon's page is move appropriate as the OP wants the bars to
change colour rather than the goal line.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

Andy Pope has instructions for a conditional line chart:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm

MarkM wrote:

I need to make a bar chart that contains a line, and any bar in this
chart that exceeds this line will change color, say from green to red.

For instance, if I had a population bar chart, and any city whose
population exceeded the line drawn at 1,000 would cause their bar to
change from green to red.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark






--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html


MarkM July 5th 06 04:06 PM

Make a line in a bar chart, and change color of any bars that exceed the line
 
Thanks to all who replied. Jon's page worked out great.

Mark

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
Thanks Andy -- I misread it as a "line chart"

Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

I think Jon's page is move appropriate as the OP wants the bars to
change colour rather than the goal line.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

Andy Pope has instructions for a conditional line chart:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm

MarkM wrote:

I need to make a bar chart that contains a line, and any bar in this
chart that exceeds this line will change color, say from green to red.

For instance, if I had a population bar chart, and any city whose
population exceeded the line drawn at 1,000 would cause their bar to
change from green to red.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark






--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ExcelBanter.com