-   -   Global change to cell values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97532-global-change-cell-values.html)

Karen McKenzie

Global change to cell values

I have a spreadsheet that I'd like to divide all the numbers in a named range
by 1000 so that the new figures replace the original ones. Is this possible?

Stefi

Global change to cell values

Hi Karen,

Enter 1000 in an unused cell,
Select that cell and press Ctrl+C (Copy)
Select your named range (type its name in the Name field and press Enter)
Edit/PasteSpecial/Check Operation option Division and press Enter

Regards,
Stefi

€žKaren McKenzie€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I have a spreadsheet that I'd like to divide all the numbers in a named range
by 1000 so that the new figures replace the original ones. Is this possible?

David Biddulph

"Karen McKenzie" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I'd like to divide all the numbers in a named
range
by 1000 so that the new figures replace the original ones. Is this
possible?

Put 1000 in a spare cell, Copy
GoTo your named range, Paste Special/ Divide
--
David Biddulph