-   -   select rows to print where there's data in specific column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97499-select-rows-print-where-theres-data-specific-column.html)

ebarbieri

select rows to print where there's data in specific column

In the process of building a house, I developed a spreadsheet showing each
room on the Y-axis and each trade eg Electric, plumbing etc as columns, with
the features for each room eg light fixtures, faucets enterd in the
respective columns. I now would like to select and print for each trade,
their respective part's list by room and eliminate all the blank cells in the
electric column.

In other words, how do I select only the rows where there is data in the
electric column's cells, and print this report for the electrician?

Ken Johnson

select rows to print where there's data in specific column

Hi,

Will selecting the electrician's column, then going
Data|Filter|AutoFilter then click the Autofilter's Down arrow and
selecting NonBlanks do what you want.

Also, before you print, select the electrician's cells, then go
File|Print Area|Set Print Area, then only those cells will print.

Ken Johnson