-   -   Stupid question -- time calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97365-stupid-question-time-calculation.html)

Markndawoods

Stupid question -- time calculation

<sigh

I know there is an easy way to do this, I am just too stupid to figure it
out...

In cell B1 I enter the start time for a meeting (8:20PM)
In cell A2 I enter the length of time, in minutes the meeting part is given
(10 minutes)
In cell B2 I want to see 8:30PM

Given every meeting starts at 8:20, what is the formula to enter in B2 that
will add A2 and B1???

Go ahead and blast me, I know I must be overlooking something!

Mark

Marcelo

Stupid question -- time calculation

look the answer on your other post

"Markndawoods" escreveu:

<sigh

I know there is an easy way to do this, I am just too stupid to figure it
out...

In cell B1 I enter the start time for a meeting (8:20PM)
In cell A2 I enter the length of time, in minutes the meeting part is given
(10 minutes)
In cell B2 I want to see 8:30PM

Given every meeting starts at 8:20, what is the formula to enter in B2 that
will add A2 and B1???

Go ahead and blast me, I know I must be overlooking something!

Mark

mrice

Stupid question -- time calculation

=b1+timevalue("0:"& A2 &":0")

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557930

Markndawoods

Stupid question -- time calculation

It's not showing up...

Can you paste into reply here?

"Markndawoods" escreveu:

<sigh

I know there is an easy way to do this, I am just too stupid to figure it
out...

In cell B1 I enter the start time for a meeting (8:20PM)
In cell A2 I enter the length of time, in minutes the meeting part is
given
(10 minutes)
In cell B2 I want to see 8:30PM

Given every meeting starts at 8:20, what is the formula to enter in B2
that
will add A2 and B1???

Go ahead and blast me, I know I must be overlooking something!

Mark

Marcelo

Stupid question -- time calculation

=b1+time(0,a2,0)