-   -   Pulling out data based on font colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97282-pulling-out-data-based-font-colour.html)

terryc

Pulling out data based on font colour

I have a large table of data, containing several rows and columns. Some
of the data is "assumed", and to indicate this it appears in a red font
colour. All "real" data is of black font colour.

On a separate worksheet, I want to "pull out" all the assumed data.
e.g. below (in this example, "assumed" data is shown in square
brackets):

Age Height (cm) Weight (kg)
Jane 21 [89] 70
Tom 37 [90] [60]
Brian [45] 78 [72]
Paul [25] [86] [80]

So, on my second worksheet, it would display something along the lines
of:

Assumed data:

Age Height (cm) Weight (kg)
Jane 89
Tom 90 60
Brian 45 72
Paul 25 86 80

Is there any way of "pulling" data out in this way, i.e. based on font
colour, perhaps using and IF statement?

--
terryc
terryc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35796

mrice

Pulling out data based on font colour

My home page contains a macro which sorts by colour - this might give
you a way in.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557788