-   -   how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97260-how-do-i-get-my-orginal-excel-file-back-after-saving-over.html)

dennis

how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

how do I get my orginal excel file back after saving over it?

Gord Dibben

how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

You don't.

It has been overwritten.

Do you have a backup?

Did you send it to someone recently and they could send it back?

Does your IT dept do backups regularly?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 19:25:01 -0700, dennis
wrote:

how do I get my orginal excel file back after saving over it?

Bill Ridgeway

how do i get my orginal excel file back after saving over it

Basically you can't - easily!

I would presume you have already looked to your backup and the Recycle bin

Files are not always overwritten in the same place. The file may have been
written to disk in a new place and the new start and end point noted in an
'index'. there is, therefore a chance that some, if not all your file may
be recovered. Have a look at Restoration
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

Every time you have used your computer since the problem began has reduced
the chance of recovery and, for the same reason this software should not be
installed on the problem hard disk. If you have a friend with a computer
you can install the software and your hard disk you stand a better chance of
recovery.

Good luck!!

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions