-   -   putting symbols front and (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97242-putting-symbols-front.html)

Jammal

putting symbols front and

in column a i have 300+ numbers and i want to put a * sign in on both side of
numbers in order to look it up. my question is that is there a fast way of
putting that (*)symbol in rather then doing in indiviually and same for
taking it out?
i.E
*159*
*123*
Faster way of putting star?

davesexcel

putting symbols front and

if you goto format cells
number
custom
and then in the custom box type "*"#####"*"
this should work for you

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557722

CLR

putting symbols front and

Formatting the * in place will only make it LOOK like they are
there..........if you really want them there,
In a helper column put this formula and copy down.........then do Copy
PasteSpecial Values on the column to eliminate the formulas and delete the
original column if desired............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3