-   -   Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97186-aligning-numbers-centre-cell.html)

Ramesh Babu

Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

I tried aligning the numbers to the centre of the cell and decimals using
custom format #.#????, I am getting space between the first and second
decimal as seen below 100.1 2 and in 100.3 45

10.1
100.1
100.1 2
100.1
1000.3 45

What should be done to ensure there is no gap between the decimal points?

Gord Dibben

Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

Ramesh

It is always better to stay with the same thread.

I tested the custom format RD supplied and do not get any spaces.

If I add a space into the Custom format like this #.# ???? I see it as you do.

Check your typing in the Custom Format

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:56:01 -0700, Ramesh Babu
wrote:

I tried aligning the numbers to the centre of the cell and decimals using
custom format #.#????, I am getting space between the first and second
decimal as seen below 100.1 2 and in 100.3 45

10.1
100.1
100.1 2
100.1
1000.3 45

What should be done to ensure there is no gap between the decimal points?

RagDyeR

Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

You should stay in the same thread where you originally asked your question,
so others can more easily follow the conversation.

Anyhow ... I'm sure that you have a <space between the # and the first ?
when you entered your format in the "Type" box.

Check it out!

RD