-   -   Concatenate an array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97166-concatenate-array.html)

Ed

Concatenate an array

Hello I guess it might not possible, but I have around 100 columns each with
a single character, I would like to concatenate those into a single cell, is
that possible in ANY way?

thanks

Gord Dibben

Concatenate an array

100 columns and how many rows?

This UDF will do the trick but after about 1024 characters in a cell you won't
see the text.

Function ConCatRange(CellBlock As Range) As String
Dim cell As Range
Dim sbuf As String
For Each cell In CellBlock
If Len(cell.text) 0 Then sbuf = sbuf & cell.text & ","
'remove the & "," if you don't want a comma
Next
ConCatRange = Left(sbuf, Len(sbuf) - 1)
End Function

Usage is: =ConCatRange(A1:CV1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:20:02 -0700, Ed wrote:

Hello I guess it might not possible, but I have around 100 columns each with
a single character, I would like to concatenate those into a single cell, is
that possible in ANY way?

thanks

Ron Rosenfeld

Concatenate an array

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:20:02 -0700, Ed wrote:

Hello I guess it might not possible, but I have around 100 columns each with
a single character, I would like to concatenate those into a single cell, is
that possible in ANY way?

thanks

How many rows in each column?

You can do it with a simple UDF:

======================
Option Explicit

Function Concat(rg As Range) As String
Dim c As Range

For Each c In rg
Concat = Concat & c.Text
Next c

End Function
========================

<alt<F11 opens the VB Editor.

Ensure your project is highlighted in the project explorer window, then
Insert/Module and paste the code above into the module that opens.

On the worksheet, enter =Concat(rg) where rg is the range of cells you wish to
concatenate.

--ron

Ed

Concatenate an array

Thank you!

Ron Rosenfeld

Concatenate an array

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:35:02 -0700, Ed wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome. Glad to help

--ron