-   -   Can you change the font color of a file name? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/96971-can-you-change-font-color-file-name.html)

CDV in Texas

Can you change the font color of a file name?

I would like to change the font color of certain file names to be able to
find them more quickly. Excel 2003

Sheila D

Can you change the font color of a file name?

Not really an Excel question as file names exist under Windows but you could
consider putting them in a separate folder, I don;t know any way to change
the font colour of a file

"CDV in Texas" wrote:

I would like to change the font color of certain file names to be able to
find them more quickly. Excel 2003

Gord Dibben

Can you change the font color of a file name?

OP could compress the files which would turn the names blue.

Or encrypt so's they turn green.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP