-   -   cells not protected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/969-cells-not-protected.html)

Tedr

cells not protected

I'm having a little problem with Excel 2002. I have recently seen two
unrelated instances (from unrelated users) where a sheet was
protected, but I was able to enter values in cells that were locked.

I have used Excel in all its versions over a period of 20 years and I
haven't seen this happen before. Does anyone know how this is
happening?

Thanks,
Tedr

Gord Dibben

Tedr

Excel 2002 is the first version to allow users with permission to edit locked
cells.

ToolsProtection"Allow users to edit ranges"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP