-   -   Copy the value of a cell, no format, into several cells. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/96895-copy-value-cell-no-format-into-several-cells.html)

Harvey Eastman

Copy the value of a cell, no format, into several cells.

There has to be a way to copy the value of a cell (no formatting) into
several cells at once. The error Excel gives when I try to do this is B.S.
So how do you do it??? I am using Excel 2000.

Gary''s Student

Copy the value of a cell, no format, into several cells.

Select A1 for example and pull down:

Edit Copy

Select A2 and A3 and pull down:

Edit PasteSpecial and check value.
--
Gary's Student

"Harvey Eastman" wrote:

There has to be a way to copy the value of a cell (no formatting) into
several cells at once. The error Excel gives when I try to do this is B.S.
So how do you do it??? I am using Excel 2000.

Gord Dibben

Copy the value of a cell, no format, into several cells.

It can be done.

Copy A1 and select A2:A123 and Paste

What is the B.S. message Excel hands you?

Whenever one gets an error message, it is helpful for us to know what it is.
Otherwise we are just guessing at your problem.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:17:02 -0700, Harvey Eastman <Harvey
wrote:

There has to be a way to copy the value of a cell (no formatting) into
several cells at once. The error Excel gives when I try to do this is B.S.
So how do you do it??? I am using Excel 2000.

MartinW

Copy the value of a cell, no format, into several cells.

Errrr Gord,

I don't think B.S. is an excel term, more like Harvey's opinion
on the matter. ;-)