-   -   matching a combination of numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/96583-matching-combination-numbers.html)

mike

matching a combination of numbers

Does anyone have a formula to find out which combination of a group of
numbers matches a total ? (when we receive a payment from a customer with say
20 outstanding amounts it would be really nice to get a spreadsheet to say "i
think these are the ones being paid because they add up to the total figure
that is on the cheque)
Thanks Mike

Gary''s Student

matching a combination of numbers

I had a similar problem, If I could list the various combinations, I could
match the solution. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...529de 2aaf685
--
Gary's Student

"mike" wrote:

Does anyone have a formula to find out which combination of a group of
numbers matches a total ? (when we receive a payment from a customer with say
20 outstanding amounts it would be really nice to get a spreadsheet to say "i
think these are the ones being paid because they add up to the total figure
that is on the cheque)
Thanks Mike

mike

matching a combination of numbers

thankyou it seems its going to be too complicated for me - I can't understand
the code but thanks anyway
Miek