-   -   formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95828-formula.html)

SAlexander

formula

Im writing a horse race program.
I can do as many as 20 horses in one race (or 20 rows)
In my program there are 15 categories (or 15 columns) where a horse can be
rated 1st, 2nd or 3rd which is conditionally formatted (Blue, Red and Green).
In other words a particular horse could have any number of blue, reds, or
greens in his section up to 15..
Id like to be able to break this down to the point where I can generate a
number for each horse, corresponding to how many 1st, 2nd, or 3rds(blue, reds
and greens) a horse may have.
What formula would I use to count all the blues, reds and greens for each
horse and generate this into another section of my sheet?

--
SAlexander

Mallycat

formula

Assuming your cells contain 1, 2 or 3 in the cell, just use a countif
statement

=countif(range,1) will tell you how many 1's etc

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514

SAlexander

formula

Sorry to trouble you but your assumption is not right. The numbers are not 1,
2 and 3
If the number 1 horse has the best time out of the other 20 horses the
number will be
1 in blue 2nd best the number will be 1 in red and 3rd green I would like to
separate
Theses 1s and count all the blues reds and greens.

--
SAlexander