-   -   Excel: copy grid, widths & heights down page: heights wrong! why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95788-excel-copy-grid-widths-heights-down-page-heights-wrong-why.html)

Excel: copy grid, widths & heights down page: heights wrong! why?

I "paste special" to get correct widths, but heights are all same (default).
I have a worksheet I made with varying widths and column heights and want to
copy the entire grid to other places on the same page.
Why do the heights not copy??
Thank You for your help.

Mallycat

Excel: copy grid, widths & heights down page: heights wrong! why?

I assume the row height is linked to the entire row, not just the one
cell. If you select and copy the entire row, then paste the row in a
new location, the row heights are copied

If you use paste\special \formats, it will just copy the row heights
and not the data

Matt

--
Mallycat