-   -   I want my combo box to return a date format instead of a number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95725-i-want-my-combo-box-return-date-format-instead-number.html)

Cainman

I want my combo box to return a date format instead of a number?

I am using using dates in the ListFillRange in a combo box and after
selecting the date it returns the numerical value instead of the date. How do
I format the combo box for dates?

Time Period 39629 <= numerical value returned instead of date 06/30/08

Toppers

I want my combo box to return a date format instead of a number?

ComboBox1.Value = Format(ComboBox1.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")

"Cainman" wrote:

I am using using dates in the ListFillRange in a combo box and after
selecting the date it returns the numerical value instead of the date. How do
I format the combo box for dates?

Time Period 39629 <= numerical value returned instead of date 06/30/08

Cainman

I want my combo box to return a date format instead of a number

I copied =Format(Combobox1.Value,"dd/mm/yyyy") into the colume next to the
value field but when I selected a new date it reverted back to the number
again. Am I doing this correctly?