-   -   Conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95696-conditional-formatting.html)

Jet

Conditional formatting

I need to set conditional formatting where A1 is formatted to bold if B1 =
"Open",
same for A2 if B2 = "Open", A3 if B3 = "Open" and so on.

Is there a way I can do this formatting all at once as oposed to formatting
each "A" cell individually

Vincnet.

Conditional formatting

Hi!
There is one: select your range in the column A, go in the Conditional
formatting box, choose 'Formula Is' (and not 'Cell Value Is' as per default),
fill in with =B1="Open" (if active cell is A1) and use the format you want
to...
Does it work?
--
A+

V.

"Jet" wrote:

I need to set conditional formatting where A1 is formatted to bold if B1 =
"Open",
same for A2 if B2 = "Open", A3 if B3 = "Open" and so on.

Is there a way I can do this formatting all at once as oposed to formatting
each "A" cell individually

MABeatty

Conditional formatting

Select all the cells that need conditional formatting.

Select Conditional Formatting

Formula is: =$a1="open"

--
MABeatty
MABeatty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32258

Jet

Conditional formatting

It worked like a charm, thank you very much, and greetings from Montreal
Canada!

Jet