-   -   Application.Caller (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95682-application-caller.html)

Marcelo

Application.Caller

Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Ardus Petus

Application.Caller

Works by me!

I entered =ThisSheetName() in a cell, it returned Feuil1, which is exact.

HTH
--
AP

"Marcelo" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Marcelo

Application.Caller

Hi Ardus, its return #name? here.

did you paste the code in a Module or in a class Module

regards
Marcelo

"Ardus Petus" escreveu:

Works by me!

I entered =ThisSheetName() in a cell, it returned Feuil1, which is exact.

HTH
--
AP

"Marcelo" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Ardus Petus

Application.Caller

I pasted it in a standard module.

Cheers,
--

"Ardus Petus" escreveu:

Works by me!

I entered =ThisSheetName() in a cell, it returned Feuil1, which is exact.

HTH
--
AP

"Marcelo" a écrit dans le message de
Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I
use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Vincnet.

Application.Caller

Hi!
Just a comment: why use a macro when you have formula to do the job?
When needed, I use the following one:
=RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2) )-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A2)))

--
KR

V.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Ardus Petus

Application.Caller

I did not actually enter the formula, but used the function wizard.

enter:
=[PERSONAL.XLS].ThisSheetName()

HTH
--
AP

"Ardus Petus" escreveu:

Works by me!

I entered =ThisSheetName() in a cell, it returned Feuil1, which is
exact.

HTH
--
AP

"Marcelo" a écrit dans le message de
Hi all,

I am trying to use this Chip Person function, it doesn't work, if I
use
=thissheetname()

Function ThisSheetName() As String
Application.Volatile True
ThisSheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

who knows why?

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th *
Marcelo

Marcelo

Application.Caller

thanks Ardus, it's works