-   -   automate importing text files? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/95586-automate-importing-text-files.html)

sinnetBS

automate importing text files?

Greetings,
First of all, my apologies - I know similar questions have been posted,
but I'm new to complex Macros (have read some of the beginner's sites
recommended here, will continue to do so) and am not yet able to figure
out how to do what I need based on other posts.

I have a bunc of delimited text files that were created from Word
survey forms (I had word "save data only for forms").

I know I can pull each one of these files individually into excel using
the import command. Is there a way to automate this so i don't go
through the same process each time? In other words, can i just do One
import command instead of importing each file individually? Or I guess
a different way would be, can i pre-combine each text file in such a
way that when that one combined file would be imported, excel would
know to start a new row at x point, etc? I think the first option would
be better, but if it's not possible, ideas on the second are welcome.

Thanks so much!

--
sinnetBS
sinnetBS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35693