-   -   type in a different color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/94803-type-different-color.html)

GMed

type in a different color

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

Marcelo

type in a different color

Hi GMed,

try to use the TOOLS | CHANGES CONTROL

Hope this helps
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"GMed" escreveu:

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

GMed

type in a different color

I don't see that in my tools menu, is it an add in feature? Thanks!

"GMed" escreveu:

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

Marcelo

type in a different color

Sorry Gmed, as my excel is in portuguese, I'm just try to translate it, the
correct is

TOOLS | TRACK CHANGES

Hope this helps
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"GMed" escreveu:

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

type in a different color

Not "as you type" but you can use event code to change the font color when you
hit the ENTER key

This code operates on A1:C100 cell range.

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:C100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Right-click on sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/Paste code into that sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:49:02 -0700, GMed wrote:

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

GMed

type in a different color

, Oh! Thanks, that does work to identify the cells I changed, but it prints
out rather messy, so I'd rather track the changes by font color...

"GMed" escreveu:

Is there anyway to set my font color to a specific color as I type? I want
to make changes to cells and see what cells have been changed by the color of
the font.
I don't like the way the "track changes highlighting" prints out. Thanks!

GMed

type in a different color

THANKS! that is just what I wanted.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the feedback.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Susan

type in a different color

Gord:

The code worked for me, but when I emailed the spreadsheet out and the
person who I sent it to made changes to the spreadsheet, it didn't capture
their changes in the "other color". Is there something else I need to do to
the formula to make it work when I am sending it out?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

The other user must have macros enabled to start.

Is there any other code in your workbook that may have disabled events?

Gord