-   -   How do I set up imported data to stack info within a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/94256-how-do-i-set-up-imported-data-stack-info-within-cell.html)

bobwms

How do I set up imported data to stack info within a cell?

I have data that I am creating into a flat file for subsequent
importation into Excel. Within some cells, I want to have multiple
telephone numbers, for example, and want them to stack within a single
cell. I can edit the data once I get it into Excel by doing an
Alt-Enter within the string, but I understand that this character is a
decimal 284, which I am unable to get into my data. Is there some
reasonable way to put the proper information in my text data to cause
these numbers to stack within a cell?

--
bobwms
bobwms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35435

Bearacade

How do I set up imported data to stack info within a cell?

Q: How do I not post my question 6 times in a forum.

A: Press Submit once and be patient

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016