-   -   excel data entry templates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/942-excel-data-entry-templates.html)

DonnaS

excel data entry templates

I built a beautiful excel template that will populate a database using the
template wizard. There are drop down menu choices on the worksheets behind
the template. However, if I need to make a change to the requirements, the
change appears to work until the next time I retrieve the template then the
change does not appear.
How do I make a change to the field choices in the template and have it save?

Peo Sjoblom

Save it as *.xlt (template)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"DonnaS" wrote:

I built a beautiful excel template that will populate a database using the
template wizard. There are drop down menu choices on the worksheets behind
the template. However, if I need to make a change to the requirements, the
change appears to work until the next time I retrieve the template then the
change does not appear.
How do I make a change to the field choices in the template and have it save?

Lynn A.

You need to open the template and make the changes and save the
changes before creating a new document based on the template.

Lynn