-   -   how to import more than 1 text file into the same Excel worksheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93816-how-import-more-than-1-text-file-into-same-excel-worksheet.html)

SinnetBS

how to import more than 1 text file into the same Excel worksheet.

I had clients fill out forms I created using form fields. Each client turned
in a different form. I had word convert these to plain text files (saving
only the form field data) and want all this information in Excel. It seems
a)I can only import one txt file at a time and b) it won't let me import more
than one txt file's info into one worksheet. I've seen some posts similar to
this problem but may not be advanced as some of the responses require. Any
ideas? For future use should I learn how to do xml documents?
Thanks!

Dave Peterson

how to import more than 1 text file into the same Excel worksheet.

I'm not sure how you import the data, but I've often used:

File|open
to import a text file into a worksheet in a new workbook
then copy that data to where I want it.
Then close that workbook

And repeat for the next text file.

--