-   -   Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93698-removing-subtotal-insert-item-pivot-table.html)

dianeha

Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

I want to insert in a new item from the list on a pivot table that currently
has subtotals in it. Every time I drag and drop the field name in it
automatically subtotals the new item. I do not want the subtotal in the
newly inserted field item. How can I remove the subtotal and keep the pivot
table intact?

Dave Peterson

Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

If you double click on the field's "button", can you say None to the subtotal
optionbutton.

--

Dave Peterson

dpenny

Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

In Xcel 2003, dbl clicking on the "field button" simply brings up a
panel to choose the function to apply to the data, e.g. sum, Max, avg,
etc.

This is the 2nd post which aludes to clicking in a field list to turn
off subtotaling.

Is it a real feature of Pivot Tbls? If so, how to activate?

--
dpenny
dpenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19708